Author Topic: Aprilia Pegaso meet, 2019.  (Read 418 times)

Offline tomcat

• Activity:
    11.43%
  • Bike(s): BMW F850GS sport

Aprilia Pegaso meet, 2019.

« on: June 19, 2019, 08:36:48 PM »

Many moons ago I was the happy owner of an Aprilia Pegaso Trail. A bike I still regret selling.
I am still however, in close contact with many in the owners club from around the globe
We meet each year in a location to suit the attendees, and someone acts as host for the 2 days.
Some were keen to sample the beauty of the Dales, and as I was located nearest, the task of hosting the meet fell to me.
On Tuesday I met with seven others at Clitheroe before leading them over Pendle Hill, Sadden Fold and onwards to Skipton via Skipton old Road from Colne.
Lunch stop at the pancake shop at Skipton, before continuing To Kettlewell and Buckden before branching off towards Gayle and Hawes.
A few miles outside Hawes the unmade, Cam High Road branches upwards from the carriageway and over the moors. I lead a couple of hardy soles over that track, whilst the remainder of the party rode down the tarmac road, meeting up at Wensleydale Creamery for a brew.
We stayed overnight at the YHA premises in Hawes then whilst those who had travelled from far south headed home I lead three Pegaso devotees across Buttertubs and over to Kirkby Steven and Dent, before wending our way back into Settle for a bite of lunch in the summer sunshine.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:24:05 PM by tomcat »
A bike is for life, not just for summer.

"If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."

Offline UltraWomble

• Activity:
    11.43%
  • Bike(s): Hyosung GT250 (Hagar the Horrible) Honda NE50M (Moped) NVT Easy Rider ( Slowped) One of those naff 50cc Chinese bicycle engines strapped to a mountain bike (Pile of Poo)

Re: Aprilia Pegaso meet, 2019.

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
I had one briefly and we didnt get on - whilst comfortable the thing guzzled petrol more so than my 2.0 car (33 MPG) It hadnt been looked after and had issues with the swingarm and rear shock meaning that the occasional corner suddenly turned "interesting" and I never managed to get the carb sorted on it it just would not run without 1/4 choke ( which probably goes someway to explain the fuel issue).
Because I didnt gel with it rather than spend money on getting it right I got rid. I sometimes think I made a mistake doing that, though I did see it again on ebay with no MOT and running issues still, so maybe I didnt.

I'd like another trail bike and I do want to do some greenlane rides, but Id rather have something a bit lighter weight wise.

On the plus side, whilst not exactly the fastest bike on the block, bloody hell it could climb mountains with the grunt it had.
World Class Crapologist and Moped Sympathiser

Offline tomcat

• Activity:
    11.43%

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 06:51:49 PM »
Ah yes. The earlier model. These are all the 660cc engine used in the Yamaha XT660 amongst others, with fuel injection.

Offline UltraWomble

• Activity:
    11.43%
  • Bike(s): Hyosung GT250 (Hagar the Horrible) Honda NE50M (Moped) NVT Easy Rider ( Slowped) One of those naff 50cc Chinese bicycle engines strapped to a mountain bike (Pile of Poo)

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 07:13:45 AM »
Yes, the Rotax(?) engine - was also badged up as a BMW I believe. I think there is a photo on the Weird Bloke thread somewhere.

I often see a chap on a tran-slap and think Id like to give one of those a try. I mean there are simply loads of bikes that I would have in my "lottery win " shed and a trial / enduro bike is just one.

Offline tomcat

• Activity:
    11.43%

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:26:02 PM »

Offline Events

• Activity:
    11.43%
  • Bike(s): BMW - R100R & K75

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »
Hi
I often see a chap ...................and think Id like to give one of those a try..
??????????????

Events
Old BMW rider from North Manchester

Offline UltraWomble

• Activity:
    11.43%

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:22 PM »
Trying out the Honda Transalp, not the chap.

Nothing against that sort of thing if it floats your boat, but Im strictly a bread butter side up chap.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
anything